Saturday, June 9, 2012

CEDO 599 Project Update

I am about 2/3 the way through my project in terms of constructing my updated company Intranet site and I'm feeling good about what I've done thus far.

I have the "Current Events" site set up in a way that my staff can view top line, most recent events right from the Home page. I like this set up much better than my previous approach to posting announcements because it makes the latest and greatest information take center stage, rather than people having to navigate in order to find it.

The "Resources" site was a bit more of an undertaking than I had originally imagined. This section of the Intranet is static documentation for the most part. In my original Intranet site, the resources became mixed in and among all of the other more dynamic information and it became difficult to find. My intention behind the Resources site is to keep it simple. I am not going for a lot of imagery or bells and whistles--I just want my staff to be able to locate the documentation they need quickly and easily. I have set up the home page to list any recently edited or updated documentation by category in order to alert staff members of changes made to documents they may have printed on site.

My last section to tackle is the "Team Building" site. I saved this one for last because I think this is probably the most important element to the updated Intranet. As a company, we are looking into an online application called Curriculum Loft that is set up to share lessons, as well as facilitate basic feedback and align entries to Common Core Standards. I plan to include a link to the Curriculum Loft application on the Team Building section of the Intranet site. Along with that, I will include a place for my staff to submit requests for review of interactive websites they would like to use in their lessons. My Supervisory Team is developing a rubric to assess websites and determine whether or not they meet the needs of our skill development programs. I am also going to have a place to put contributors in the spotlight on a weekly or monthly basis (not sure yet on frequency). I think I am going to use blogger for this job because that will allow for an entry and a place for staff members to add comments and provide feedback.

Things are really coming together, so I am excited to see how it all works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment